Sparkling Pear Spritzer – An easy fall cocktail recipe made with just 3 ingredients. Perfect to make for a party or just as an evening cocktail.
Sparkling Pear Spritzer
With fall right around the corner, it’s time for a fall cocktail recipe! Now when it comes to fall drinks, usually apple and pumpkin come to mind but how about pear? It’s not usually up there for fall flavors but it should be. It’s crisp flavor is a nice reprieve from all apple cider, caramel apples, etc.
This spritzer is made with only 3 ingredients so it’s nice and easy to make. You just need pear juice, sparkling water, and white wine. Additionally, I love adding a spring of rosemary or mint to the top for a pop of color. This recipe makes enough for two but it’s really easy to scale up or down to make it for more or less people! If you love pears, then this sparkling pear spritzer is definitely the cocktail for you!
Common questions about making spritzers
How do you make a spritzer?
A spritzer is typically made from white wine and club soda. To make a classic spritzer, you chill the white wine before pouring it into a cup and putting in a splash of club soda or lemon lime soda. This recipe differs a little bit with the addition of pear juice.
What is the best white wine for a spritzer?
Some of the best white wines for a spritzer include riesling or a sauvignon blanc because of their fruity flavors but any white wine will work, depending on preference.
Can you use tonic water in a spritzer?
Yes, using tonic water is an option, especially if you use a dryer white wine. Personally though, I prefer to just use sparkling water since I don’t like the flavor of tonic water.
What is the difference between soda and sparkling water?
Soda water has salt, sodium bicarbonate, and potassium as add-ins while sparkling water has no added ingredients. The taste of soda water has more of a bite than sparkling water.
Other tips and tricks on this sparkling pear spritzer recipe
- If you want to add in an additional flavor to the drink, you can make a rosemary simple syrup to use! To make the rosemary simple syrup:
- You will need 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar, and 2 springs of fresh rosemary.
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Let cool completely and then strain out rosemary.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Add 1 tablespoon (or to taste) to each glass of sparkling pear spritzer when serving.
Can’t get enough of this sparkling pear spritzer recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Cherry Lemonade Cocktail
- Blueberry Lemon Martini
- Raspberry Lemonade Moscato Wine Spritzer
- Rose Ice Cream Float
- 1 cup pear juice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 3 ounces white wine
- 2 springs rosemary or mint
- Place ice in two cups. Dive all of the ingredients evenly between the cups.
- Serve with a sprig of rosemary for garnish.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter